“We take any such allegations seriously and are looking into it at this time,” a Monster spokesperson wrote to MMA Fighting. No further details were offered.
A phone number used by Molenkamp for several years had been disconnected as of Monday.
White backed Cruz’s claim that he and several fighters had clashed with Molenkamp, but said it was Monster’s decision whether or not to take action. White said on the whole, Monster had gone above and beyond for UFC fighters when doling out additional money on individual sponsorships; the energy drink company re-upped with the promotion in February as a title sponsor.
“Is Hans a goofy dude? Yeah, he’s a very goofy dude,” White said. “But they’re a sponsor. These guys are a sponsor, they’re great sponsors, [and] they pay these guys a lot of money. … It’s a privilege to get money from a sponsor. So if you don’t like the way they do business, don’t do business with them.”
The UFC executive publicly clashed with Molenkamp on social media in 2019 after the rep claimed to connect him to former pro skateboarder Rob Dyrdek.